Tuesday, January 17, 2006

All the cool kids say:

What's the problem? I want to work it into my vocabulary too. Also looking at whether to work in another use for 2d. I'm happy with it as is. But Rob and Rabbit would like have it do more. Flannery doesn't seem to be that exciting really. Some people swear it's the greatest thing ever, but it seems like you get to exactly the same place without it. Rabbit and I will try out multi. If we hate it, then we'll stop. Can't hurt to know how things work.

Today at the table, I was asked to explain my pass. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my seat. I didn't know what to say... I settled on, "not forcing." And he said, I just wanted to check how many cards you have.

Some fourth seat forcing issues, have come up lately. First was the auction 1c-1d-1h-1s, which is not forcing. I was fairly sure that it was not, but not positive. Rich confirmed that it is not forcing. Tonight at the table we had an auction that looked like this... 1d-1h-1s-2c. Absolutely forcing. But for some reason I thought I had opened a club... I guess the big bidding record there in the center of the table wasn't flashing neon or something. I was so upset I made five on a hand cold for six. Argggghhhhh.

Wtp?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two things. Flannery is probably the worst convention ever invented, in mine and many other people's opinion. Second, I honestly believe that in the auction 1c - 1d - 1h - 1s, 1s is natural AND forcing, although some use it as 4th suit forcing and use 2S to show real spades (others do the opposite). I am not 100% sure about this though, so I will try to get to the bottom of this.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Let us know. I think if I'm not forcing to game, maybe I'd like to show my four spades with no known fit at the one level. Know what I mean? But I'm open to other thoughts.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web
View My Stats