Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Your bid got good technical marks, but it sounded a little forced to me

Below I noted that Rich said that 1c-1d-1h-1s is not forcing. This isn't true. He said it's not forcing TO GAME, but it is certainly forcing for one more round. Bobh2 pointed out that what I said was not correct. And then he went on to teach us the coolest thing. The above auction is not forcing to game, but what if you have a game forcing hand and want a bid that is 4th suit forcing? You bid 2 spades which deny's four spades and forces to game! I adore that Bob. Not only because he's willing to share the cool things he knows, but because he forces me to think and understand what he's telling me. And he doesn't put up with carelessness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web
View My Stats