Sunday, April 15, 2007

Speaking of That

Two of my favorite partners really like weak nt. I've promised to learn it. (Partnership is a reciprocal thing, isn't it? I try what they like, they try what I like, in the end you play what works for everyone, but you try it. - I went to culinary school. It's the same thing. You try it before you say you don't like it.)

I posted on the BB Forums asking about the benefits and risks of Weak NT. My favorite response came from JDONN, who made the explanation clear enough that I felt like I knew what was going on. I don't know that I'm going to like weak nt. But I do know that I want a good defense to it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember to discuss a defence to 1NT - (X) -
and
1NT - (p) - p - (X) -
as you'll almost always want to wriggle out to a better spot if the 1NT is weak.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I've been asking people what they like. Some like Capp, and some hate it. One p would like to try Hello, which is also popular, so I think I'll make an effort to learn that as well.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are two completely different things. Ant is talking about when YOU open a weak notrump and they double. If you play a weak notrump then you'd better discuss what to play over their NT.

Cappaletti and Hello apply when THEY open 1NT.

I didn't know that Hello is popular.

Han

1:37 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I'm so lost! When I start learning this, I'm coming back to this post so at least I know what to ask.

As for is Hello popular, I'm not sure. Someone said they liked it, someone else said they'd like to try it, and me? I'm easy.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit unique web
View My Stats